From relaxing in a romantic scene In the arms of your lover, there is nothing sweeter and more special than love.
Have you been trying to find out some facts about love and relationships?
We have put together in this article some psychological facts about love, mysterious love facts, sad scientific facts about love, facts about love at first sight, and some other weird but true facts about love.
Love can make you do crazy things and leave you wondering if you were actually the person who did them. If you want to know if you are really in love, check out these signs.
Sometimes it comes with this “butterflies in my belly” kind of feeling and makes you just feel on top of the world.
Being in a relationship comes with its difficulties. However, it’s worth going through because of the many benefits that come with being in love.
Check out these facts about love and relationships.
25 Facts About Love That is Heart Melting
Here are facts about Love that is heart-melting:
- Appreciating someone you love makes you happy
- Love is blind
- Heartbreak hurts just like physical pain
- You fall in love first, from what you see
- Love is as addicting as a drug
- Heartbreaks can cause a real pain in the heart
- A loving relationship makes you healthy
- Staring at the picture of someone you love can relieve you of pain
- Love, at first sight, doesn’t guarantee a lasting relationship
- Being in love improves your memory
- A chemical, Oxytocin is released when you hug someone your love for 20 seconds
- Couple who laugh together are likely to have a stronger relationship
- Romantic love lasts for just a year
- Maintaining eye contact with a stranger can make you fall in love with them
- Danger can make two people fall in love
- The fourth finger of the left hand contains the vein of love that connects directly to the heart.
- Men who kiss their partners in the morning live first years longer
- Couple in a long-term relationship can relieve each other of stress and pains just by holding hands
- The “butterflies in my stomach” feeling are real.
- Being happily married reduces your chance of having blood pressure
- Couples who are too similar or too different don’t last long.
- I preferred an attractive body to an attractive face for a fling
- Dilated pupils make you look more attractive
- A lot of things revolve around love
- Gazing at your lover’s eyes makes your hearts synchronize
1. Appreciating someone you love makes you happy.
Haven’t you noticed you become happier whenever you appreciate or show gratitude to your spouse? People in a relationship can testify to this fact about love and relationship.
2. Love is blind.
Most of those who make this statement do not understand that this is a psychological fact about love. When you love someone, you don’t always bother about what other people say about your partner. They are always perfect for you.
3. Heartbreak hurts just like physical pain.
If you have ever experienced this about love and relationships, then you are not alone. Facing a heartbreak after a loving relationship hurts just like physical pain.
4. You fall in love first, from what you see.
Ever heard about love at first sight? You will agree with me that this is a fact about love at first sight. Your first fall in love with someone because of your attraction to the person’s physical attributes.
Even though some people say there is called inner beauty, there is no such thing as inner beauty without first being attracted to the person physically.
5. Love is as addicting as a drug.
If you have ever fallen in love, then you will agree with this psychological fact about love. It is one thing to fall in love and it is another thing to always want more.
Being in love feels like being high on some drugs and you find it hard to stop, yet you always want more.
6. Heartbreaks can cause a real pain in the heart.
This sad scientific fact about love may be hard to believe, but it is very true. According to research, traumatic stuff like breakups could cause actual pain in the heart.
This condition, referred to as broken heart syndrome, is more common in women than in men.
In severe cases, it can make the heart weak and lead to pains in the chest, leading to shortness of breath and even death.
7. A loving relationship makes you healthy.
This is about love and relationships holds for everyone. Being in a happy, loving relationship affects your emotional and physical health positively.
8. Staring at the picture of someone you love can relieve you of pain.
According to an experiment that was carried out, people who stared at the picture of their lover while they were in pain got relieved faster than people who just stared at the picture of those they were acquainted with. This is another known psychological fact about love.
9. Love, at first sight, doesn’t guarantee a lasting relationship.
You must be first attracted to your partner. However, there is more to a lasting relationship than just falling in love at first sight.
But just in case you are not attracted to the person you are dating, here’s what to do.
As much as it is possible to get attracted to someone, at first sight, keep in mind that for the relationship to last, you both have to work on it.
As sad as this may sound, it is a fact about love at first sight.
10. Being in love improves your memory.
Mysterious, right? This mysterious love fact is actually true and applies to all. Being in love helps improve your memory through the nerve growth factor.
This nerve growth factor handles the growth of new brain cells.
11. A chemical, Oxytocin is released when you hug someone you love for 20 seconds.
Do you know that when you hug your lover for about 20 seconds, a chemical known as oxytocin is released which causes you to have more trust in the person? I guess you didn’t know. It is another interesting but mysterious love fact.
12. Couples who laugh together are likely to have a stronger relationship.
Research has shown that couples who laugh together are more likely to have a stronger relationship. This is a magical love fact you might not know.
13. Romantic love lasts for just a year.
Italian scientists discovered this sad scientific fact about love. They discovered that the nerve growth factor handles this.
In the initial phase of a romantic relationship, this hormone increases, and as time goes by, it decreases. This is because we felt a sense of attachment to our partner/spouse.
14. Maintaining eye contact with a stranger can make you fall in love with them.
Making eye contact is not bad but one weird, but a fact about love is that if you make direct eye contact with a stranger, there is a tendency that you will fall in love with them. You just have to be careful how you make eye contact with strangers.
15. Danger can make two people fall in love.
How weird this sounds! According to research, a man who meets a woman in danger or a woman who meets a man in danger is more likely to fall for him/her than those who meet in a mundane place. What a weird but fact about love!
16. The fourth finger of the left hand contains the vein of love that connects directly to the heart.
According to the ancient Greeks, the fourth finger of the left hand contains the vein of love that connects directly to the heart.
Therefore, the engagement rings are usually one on that finger. Wow! What an amazing fact about love and relationships.
17. Men who kiss their partners in the morning live five years longer.
According to research, they showed that men who kissed their partners in the morning live for about five years longer. Isn’t that weird? Well, a weird but true fact about love.
18. Couples in a long-term relationship can relieve each other of stress and pains just by holding hands.
This was proven to be true, as research has found out. Holding your partner’s hands can relieve you of stress and pain.
19. The “butterflies in my stomach” feeling are real.
Ever felt these butterflies in your stomach when you are in love? It’s real and is triggered by adrenaline.
20. Being happily married reduces your chance of having high blood pressure.
Your love life or relationship also has a role to play in maintaining stable health. Being happily married helps to keep your blood pressure stable.
21. Couples who are too similar or too different don’t tend to last long.
As the saying goes, “unlike charges attract, like charges repel”. This is quite true, you know. Couples who are too similar or too different do not last long.
As much as they should both have similarities, there should also be a learning ground for both of them to learn from themselves.
See also: basic dating tips for men
22. I preferred an attractive body to an attractive face for a fling.
When looking for a fling, an attractive body wins over an attractive face. But in long-term relationships, the reverse is the case.
23. Dilated pupils make you look more attractive.
According to Charles Darwin, your pupils expand when gazing at something you love or desire.
The same thing applies when you gaze at your partner or their picture. Not only do your pupils expand, but it also makes you more attractive.
24. A lot of things revolve around love.
Most times, our happiness and fulfillment in life revolves around love or finding love. There are a lot of things we cannot achieve or fulfill alone. It has to be done with the love of our life.
25. Gazing at your lover’s eyes makes your hearts synchronize.
Some research shows that when romantically bonded couples who are obviously in love gaze at each other’s eyes, their heart rates synchronize. This weird but true fact about love is also an interesting one.
See these amazing perks of morning sex
Truly, there are so many interesting facts about love and relationships, just like the ones that have been discussed above.
Although some of them are magical, some are sad, some are psychological, surprising, etc. Regardless of the different perspectives from which we see love, it is still worth trying.
As crazy as it could sound, love is still all that matters. Sometimes, it could be a bittersweet experience.